Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tiki Oasis 2009 Tiki Time Part 1



It’s Tiki Time Everyone!!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Headed down to San Diego for everything Tiki…..= Tiki Art Surf Music---and Drunk People in Hawaiian shirts..

Photobucket

Photobucket

It’s a happening scene I tell ya. Kim was coming down to meet me because she couldn’t leave earlier in the day—because of kid watching exchange…So I headed down the coast solo to catch the Friday night entertainment


The scene


Photobucket


Photobucket
First a big Shank you very much to Expedia for booking me in The Comfort Suites a mile and a half away and not the Comfort Inn that I tried to book that was withing walking distance……This caused me to miss the opening band Thee Swank Bastards which I really enjoyed last year in that cool room party END and I went to. (oh Well)
Once Checked in (after long Tiki Oasis line) I caught the Bikini Beachcombers---all decked out in Where’s Waldo shirts like they were ready for a guest spot on Gilligan’s Island… I wandered around a bit looking at possible wedding tiki rings…..The band played "Whale of a Tale" cover one of my favorite Disney songs from 20,000 Leagues under the sea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ahhhhh Shark!
Photobucket

There was a lot more security there this year
Photobucket

The BIkini Beachcombers  were followed by a Tiki Fashion show. Check out the Retro

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rocking the Fez
Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After the fashion show I needed a Mai Tai they had a lot of drinks drinks  --even these cool Tequila bootles with Tikis in them...."Tequila  no mas"
Photobucket

 The Martini Kings kept the party going
Photobucket
This outfit reminded me of an old retro movie
Photobucket

Tana the Tattooed Lady  Go Going
Photobucket

Photobucket
Then there was a Costume contest …Not nearly as good as last year with the Zombie theme
This guy was rocking an interesting look
Photobucket

I remember this guy from last year
Photobucket



Tiki Mug  and dude looks like a lady

Photobucket

This kid was rocking the surfer dude look
Photobucket

Best Male  costume  contest

Photobucket


The kids contest

Photobucket

The winners

Photobucket


Up next more fun in Part 2



No comments:

Post a Comment