Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Worst Things about Tiki Oasis (Don't Let the Title Fool You) Part 2

The Worst Things about Tiki Oasis (Don't Let the Title Fool You)  Part 2

Number 4 on the list of the Worst Things About Tiki Oasis   Nobody warns you about the dangers of Tiki Oasis.

There should be clear warning about the wild animals that roam the grounds of the Crowne Plaza during Tiki Oasis...   One year we spotted a Gorilla roaming around the hotel.   This year there was a giant Hawaiian Shirt wearing Bear.    I mean these creatures are wild  and possibly dangerous and should be treated accordingly.  Security really should do something about this.  Someone should call animal control.  A wild Hawaiian shirt wearing bear in a room party could get really dangerous fast.


I need to take a break from the Worst Things about Tiki Oasis list for a few Tiki Oasis to do list items.....
Up first..... Visit the Tiki Car Show   X

This car is so cool it looks like something out of an old Hanna Barbera cartoon 


If cars could talk.........."Fire Bad"


And the Nudie Mobile





Catching up on a little reading outside the Deadhead Rum Trailer


Up next more check out all of the Vendors we missed the day before and the Tiki Art show   X




This stuff was really ahead of its time.


New meaning to the term  Head lights.


Before the day 2 Party really gets started.......Dole Whips and listening to Surfer Joe from the Balcony.     X

Checking out the Pool Scene  throughout the day which included Surfer Joe playing poolside and random Go-Go Dancing   X








TIKIS      X



Number 5 Worst Thing about Tiki Oasis...
Rum makes you see things that aren't real......Like Mermaids 
I know that Mermaids aren't real and yet for some reason I was able to catch a picture of one on my camera......I think I should report this to that researcher that had that special on the Animal Planet.   



Our good friend Jay even snuck away for a few minutes to get a picture with this elusive creature.  (pic from his page)

Maybe I should report this?  As the Captain of the Submarine Voyage that I used to work on back in the day used to say   
" No..no..no no..forget it.  No one would it anyway.  I think we have been submerged to long.  Stand by to surface."

And surface I shall in order to clear my head for a second before we get the conclusion of the Worst things about Tiki Oasis 
 in Part 3.

For my Tiki Related Facebook page go here.






No comments:

Post a Comment