Sunday, May 6, 2018

Yacht Rock: Yachty By Nature at Sea Legs at the Beach


Yachty By Nature  is a Yacht Rock band in Southern California.
They call themselves the Captains of Smooth Yacht Rock. They are a fun and entertaining band playing soft rock from the 70's and 80's and one hell of a good time.   We finally got a chance to see them the other day at Sea Legs at the Beach in Bolsa Chica and hope to see them again soon.   




Sea Legs at the Beach is a cool beach venue.  It was like a fun beach party.


Captain Carl is the Captain of this collection of groovy dudes in nautical hats.  He plays the keyboards and captains this fun journey into music from the past.  (You know you are starting to get old when the music you grew up with is becoming retro.)  I would describe Captain Carl as being like a really great character that you would expect Will Ferrell to play.  I mean that as a great compliment.  He is an absolute blast and I found him both hilarious and talented.  Captain Carl is the man!



I absolutely feel in love with this band a couple songs into their first set.  


The Dr. is in.  Rocking the sax and lead vocals on some of the songs.  



Getting his groove on.



Big Wave Dave is having a blast on the drums


And then there is Scotty McYachty. (Best Yacht name ever).
Killing on the locals for a majority of the songs.


This cat even walks around with swagger like he belongs at the Yacht Club.


I  have posted several videos of this crew in action on my Pineappleman facebook page.  Follow it below


Check out their awesome promo video below.  The second I saw this You tube video I knew I had to see them in person.  

You know you want to get Yachty!


No comments:

Post a Comment