Saturday, October 17, 2015

Tommy Bahama's : Island Grille in Newport Beach: A Tiki Restaurant Review



You may know them for their shirts----but you really should stop at one of their restaurants.  It was our anniversary weekend and after many lunch suggestions we decided a trip down the coast to Tommy Bahama's restaurant finally won out.  We have been there before and I was really looking forward to having the goat cheese stuffed chicken that I had had there before.   It was one of the best chicken meals I had ever had.   Unfortunately they didn't have that on the menu this time (there was something similiar)  --but I found something else that was also great.

We ordered a couple of Tiki drinks.   The Mai Tai was great!  We settled in for a relaxing lunch that reminded me of the restaurant we ate at in Maui after our wedding  (The Pineapple Grille check it out if you are in Maui) .   It was the perfect little way to celebrate our anniversary Tiki style.



Here is a picture I took of their menu for the Newport Beach location
Their website will show you other locations to try out 


With no Goat Cheese stuffed chicken in site I went for the special seasonally item below.   I went with the Goat Cheese and Fig Flatbread and my wife got the Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich.  Both items were excellent.  The chicken sandwich has Monterey Jack cheese, Garlic Aioli, Jerk Sauce and Jerk Yucca Fries.   The restaurant decor and ambiance is very Tommy Bahama and puts you in a relxed island vibe.  They had live music playing when we ate lunch which added to the Hawaii vibe as well.   I love Tommy Bahama restaurants...all 3 times we have visited I've had something different and every time it has been excellent.



Then of course after the meal you can wander through the store a well.



To Follow my Tiki/Retro  Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pineappleman/129377657136907





Nerd Block

No comments:

Post a Comment